Friday, March 9, 2012

Semper Fi, Torrey Pines

As I've mentioned before, I walk daily at Torrey Pines in La Jolla. And in the course of my morning ritual, I've seen a whale that's been beached, bikers, joggers, schools of dolphins, fitness enthusiasts standing on their heads next to trees, commercials being filmed, many things. But today I will most remember. As I desended the hill, I heard a group of runners approaching (not unusual); but as they passed I noticed they were Marines (noted by their closely cropped hair and a couple of Semper Fi tees; again I've seen the military here before). However, as they ran past, I noticed several of the 12 or so in the group were running on prosthesis. How can we adequately thank these men and women who selflessly serve our country, many times at great peril? Semper Fi!
Photo: Cynthia Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment