Saturday, June 25, 2016

Letter from a Travel Writing Student

June 23, 2016

Hello Cynthia,

A number of years ago when I lived in the San Diego area, I attended one of your presentations on travel writing.  You encouraged me to develop my skills as a golf and travel writer.  I did this and have written golf and travel writer for newspapers, magazines and Internet travel websites for the past 15 years.  I owe a great deal of my success to your encouragement and to the fundamentals I learned from your presentation.


My latest article is not an article at all.  It is a book.  I have just completed a book about a year-long adventure I took in 2012. I traveled to and played golf in all 50 states.  While doing this I also reported live on the nationally syndicated golf program, Real Golf Radio, about "Places to Play and Places to Stay" in each state.  The book, which will soon be available on Amazon.com, Amazon Kindle and through my publisher, CreateSpace, is titled Golfing the U.S.- Reflections on a 50-Week,50-State Golf Odyssey.  It wouldn't have been possible without your initial encouragement.

The book is an easy and entertaining read.  It is 300 pages and has 51 chapters, one chapter on each state and one additional chapter about Hot Springs Village, Arkansas, where I moved following my tour. 

Again, many thanks for encouraging me to put my love of people, golf, and travel into words.

Chuck

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Chuck Miller
"The Traveling Guy"
Golf/Travel Writer
Professional Speaker
Website: www.TheTravelingGuy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment