Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Holiday in Austria - Christmas in Salzburg and New Year's Eve in Vienna

As Christmas approaches, think about celebrating not at home, but abroad. One of my family's top holidays was spent in Austria- Christmas in Salzburg and New Year's Eve in Vienna. Here's a peek into that adventure.
 
My arrival to Europe for our dream-come-true, first-ever family holiday abroad was not what I had envisioned. Think snow storm, airport closing, accidental cancellation, expensive rebooking, probable lost luggage and you’ve got the picture.

"This is why spending a passport-required holiday was not a good idea," I thought as many times as I would be offered strudel while in route to Austria for Christmas in Salzburg and New Year’s in Vienna. And this is why I would be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment