I love everything about travel but I will admit that staying in shape when away from home and away from regular routines (whether exercise or eating) presents challenges. So, when I came across these tips shared in an interview on NomadicMatt.com I wanted to pass it on.
Following you will find tips and advice from Steve Kamb, a top health blogger, of Nerd Fitness telling Matt how to stay in shape and healthy while you are traveling.
Photo by Cynthia Dial1) Yes, you DO have time to exercise, you just need to make time for it. You can complete a workout in 20 minutes in your hotel room.
2) Do everything you can to walk as often as possible. There’s no better way to explore a city than on foot: you get to exercise and
3) Check google maps for that green patch of ground and walk over there for your workouts; you can do pull ups on swing sets or tree branches.
4) Consider upping your food budget, so you can eat healthier. Don’t forget to incorporate protein into your diet.
5) If you only have 10 minutes to exercise, exercise for 10 minutes! Every little bit adds up, and 10 minutes is WAYYY better than nothing. If you have to eat poorly at train station, make up for it the next day.
6) If you miss a day of exercise for whatever reason, don’t allow yourself to miss two days in a row. If you eat one bad meal, that next meal should be healthy. Never two in a row.
7) Don’t be afraid to have late nights with friends or say yes to crazy adventures. Just make sure you get right back on track as soon as possible after so you don’t lose the momentum you’ve built up.
Make sure you 'like' Cynthia Dial Travel Writer on Facebook!
#travel #worldtraveler #health #healthytraveler #healthyeating #ontheroadeating #ontheroadexercise #walking #ontheroadwalking