Tuesday, November 17, 2015

British Columbia - Vancouver Island - Wickaninnish Inn

Upon learning that Relais & Chateaux affiliated Wickaninnish Inn, located on Vancouver Island's west coast, is known for its storm watching, a visit during inclement weather has been my goal. 

Fast forward to today. Yesterday's arrival from San Diego was to a chilly but clear Vancouver. This morning, however, was different. My ride to the airport was in rain. Upon checking in at Orca for my commuter flight to Tofino on Vancouver Island, I learn that due to weather, we must land in Qualicum Beach and drive 2.5 hours to Tofino and the Wickaninnish.  

My dream is coming true.

After driving through rain and snow, I've arrived . . . in Tofino . . .  at the  Wickaninnish . . . for storm watching. Success!





No comments:

Post a Comment